Assistant Professor of Spanish — Chicanx/Latinx Literatures and Cultures, California Polytechnic State University
The Department of World Languages and Cultures at California Polytechnic State University San Luis Obispo is currently seeking applicants for a full-time, academic year, tenure track Assistant Professor of Spanish to begin September 14, 2023. Areas of specialization preferred for this position include Chicanx/Latinx Literatures and Cultures, and Spanish-English Translation/Interpretation. Additional teaching needs include Transatlantic Literary and Cultural Studies; Indigenous Literatures and Cultures of Central/Latin America. Applicants will be reviewed on November 7, 2022.
- Ph.D. or equivalent in Spanish or closely related discipline, completed at the time of appointment
- Professional level proficiency in Spanish and English
- Demonstrated knowledge of recent L2 methodology
- Significant experience and demonstrated effectiveness teaching undergraduate-level Spanish at a post-secondary institution
- Documented evidence of current relevant peer-reviewed scholarship in area of specialization
- Experience teaching courses in Chicanx/Latinx literatures and cultures, and/or Spanish-English translation/interpretation
- Expertise in Transatlantic literary and cultural studies, and/or indigenous literatures and cultures of Central/Latin America
- Familiarity with the latest developments in technology-supported instruction and experience in integrating its use into the learning process, including online learning
For more information and to apply to this position, please visit https://jobs.calpoly.